Colorado Springs Pergo Flooring
Pergo invented laminate floors over 40 years ago and still leads the category today with advanced engineering and production. To offer laminate that’s more beautiful and durable than other laminate flooring imitators, Pergo constructs its laminate with several patented materials, bonded together under extreme heat and pressure without toxic chemicals.
Unlike other laminate floors on the market, select Pergo laminate floors feature complete waterproof protection. This revolutionary technology withstands against splashes, spills, and pet accidents to ensure maximum waterproof durability.
Take note that laminate flooring isn’t the same thing it was decades ago. With Pergo flooring construction making great leaps and bounds in terms of durability and style, now’s a better time than any to reap the long-term benefits of laminate flooring.
Thinking about long-term resale value is important, but maintenance costs in terms of time and money can add up to a lot over the years. When you install Pergo laminate in your home, there’s not a whole lot you need to do to keep it beautiful for decades. Isn’t your time worth it? At the end of the day, you have to decide for yourself which floor style is right for you and your family, and the needs of future home buyers if you one day decide to sell.
Laminate flooring has come a long way in terms of durability, with Pergo leading every step of the way. Made with patented protective layers that withstand, well, just about anything inside your home, Pergo laminate flooring is designed to last. That’s reassuring if you’re thinking about your floors going up against kids or pets or both for the next decade or more.
Pergo Flooring Contractor Colorado Springs
Pergo floors are manufactured to lock out dirt, dust and daily wear, but they still require care and a little maintenance to stay beautiful year after year. From cleaning laminate to spot and stain removal on hardwood, follow the guidelines below to care for your floor properly so you can enjoy your Pergo for a lifetime.
- Remove dirt and dust. Use a dust mop or vacuum with a hard floor attachment to remove dirt and dust from your Pergo floor. Use a vacuum or vacuum attachment with soft bristle brush regularly to remove any particles that could scratch the floor. For a deeper cleaning, use a damp cotton cloth or cloth mop.
- Use a damp mop to gently clean your Pergo. You can make a Pergo-recommended household cleaner with 1 cup household vinegar to 1 gallon warm water or 1/3 cup ammonia mixed with 1 gallon warm water. This cleaner will cleanse gently, removing dirt but keeping your floor beautiful.
Protecting Your Laminate:
- Place mats inside any exterior doorway over your Pergo floor to collect sand, gravel, or dirt tracked in the home. You can also place area rugs in other spaces for extra coverage.
- Make sure your rugs have a solid backing, so soil doesn’t sift through the rug to come in contact with the floor.
- Use floor protectors or felt covers on chair legs, sofas, TV stands, tables and other easily moveable furniture so you don’t scratch the floors.
- Replace plastic casters on chairs with rubber wheels.
- Lift, don’t slide, heavy objects across floors.
Would You Like To Start A Project With Us?
Let us help you bring your dreams to reality. Click the button on the right to call us on mobile and speak to one of our talented staff and see what Dynamic Flooring & Painting can do for you!
Pergo Floors Colorado Springs?
Simple Repair & Stain Removal
- MINOR DAMAGE OR DINGS. Treat minor damage or dings to a laminate plank or tile with Pergo Finishing Putty. If the area is too big to treat with Pergo Finishing Putty, a certified retailer can recommend a professional to replace the plank or tile.
- CANDLE WAX OR CHEWING GUM. Remove candle wax or chewing gum from Pergo laminate with a blunt plastic scraper after the material has hardened.
- FOOD OR LIQUID SPILLS. To remove chocolate, grease, juice, cordials or wine, use lukewarm water and a non-abrasive cleaner (like ammonia and water or vinegar and water) with a soft cloth or mop.
- GLUE. To remove glue, use an appropriate glue remover. After use, be sure to clean with standard cleaning products.
- TOUGH STAINS. To remove tough stains like tar, markers, crayon, lipstick, oil, shoe polish, nail polish or cigarette burns, use acetone nail polish remover or denatured alcohol on a clean cloth. Note: Do not use on coordinating wall base or quarter round.
Pergo Floor Installation Colorado Springs
1. TRANSPARENT, WEAR-RESISTANT OVERLAY
A variety of textures that closely imitate real wood along with a ScratchGuard Advanced and PermaMaxTM wear layer for superior scratch and scuff resistance.
2. DESIGN LAYER
Real visuals and patterns of natural wood, stone and ceramic.
3. PREMIUM HDF CORE BOARD
Patented click-joints for snap-together installation and a core of high-density fiber board that gives stability, dent-resistance and is made of recycled materials.
4. BALANCING LAYER
Balance layer for stability — prevents bowing or collapsing.